Saturday, November 22, 2008

Later that same day...

Gretchen is a handful. Ask anyone who knows and loves her and they will tell she is a mess. Just when you think you are at your wits end with her she will do something that makes you forget just how crazy she can drive you. I was busy doing laundry today which is always a challenge with Gretchen and Natalie running around. Natalie was napping and Gretchen was watching cartoons. I threw a load of clean towels on the floor in the living room and went upstairs for another load, not really paying attention to Gretchen. When I came back down I had the best surprise waiting for me. Gretchen, all on her own, had started folding the towels. I couldn't believe my eyes. She had already folded 3 of the big towels and had stacked them up just like I do. She was doing a really good job. She had the biggest smile on her face. She had really been testing my patience all day and with something as simple as her folding the laundry without being asked seemed to wash all of that away. I picked her, gave her the biggest hug and told her "thank you!" I took pictures as she finished folding. We very proudly carried them upstairs and put them away. I didn't even re-fold them(which was really hard, I like my towels to be all folded nice and straight and going the same direction). Gretchen you are an amazing kid and you teach me so much everyday. I love you!
This is what I found waiting for me when I came down the stairs. She really did do a good job.I love how in every photo she takes you can see her saying cheese!She worked so hard to match up the corners. I guess she learned that from watching me. I have never shown her how to do that. Pretty smart little cookie.It still blows my mind that she knows how to fold towels. I have never taught her how to do any of this before. Now if we could only get her to stop standing in front of the T.V.!

No comments: