Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Baylor!

It's hard to believe Baylor turned six this year. He is growing into such a nice little man. Baylor is in kindergarten at Chisholm Elementary and already learning how to read. Baylor had is birthday party at an old hot spot of his Mom's and Aunt's, Skatetown in Enid. Talk about a blast from the past. The place hasn't changed since I had my last birthday party there around 20 years ago. I think the skates are the same ones too. Skating is not like riding a bike. I thought once I had those skates on my feet it would all come back to me...NOT!! I have never felt so old. I wanted all those crazy little kids to set down so I could go around one time by myself. They were all over the place and they would fall down hard and jump right back up, it was so annoying. I have the a bruise on my butt that is a perfect replica of a roller skate. Greg was the only smart one of the bunch, he went around one time and said "forget this, I'm going to hurt myself, I'm done." Gretchen made it around one time with the help of Uncle Brad and Aunt Jamie and she wasn't impressed at all. "Don't like it, done," were her exact words. I on the other hand was not about to give up. Jamie and Brad were still young enough that they could still remember how to skate. The rest of us just just looked like a bunch of uncoordinated idiots. We had tons of laughs and it was great to go back to the place where we all had so many parties. Thanks for a great day Baylor!
Emily finally gets the hang of it and lets go of the wall.



What a cute couple! They where the only two that still knew how to skate and still looked good doing it. I hate them:)


Natalie wanted to skate so bad. Granddad finally gave in and put Gretchen's skates on her. She wanted him to let go so she could try on her own, but luckily he didn't. She was so mad. He pulled her around on the carpet and she loved it.

No comments: